Skip to main content

The Bike Hub - What's Not To Love?







                   "The Bike Hub -What’s Not To Love”

      There are so many things I love about The Bike Hub. Here are a few reasons why I keep coming back, and why I recommend it to all my friends.

The South Hill Location:817 S Perry St, Spokane, WA 99202
      Let’s start off with what I think is  most important. Something that keeps people coming back to any establishment… Customer Service. If I don’t feel welcome in a store, I am less likely to buy. If I don’t feel welcome in a store, I am less likely to recommend it to others. The feeling of hollow, “I’m just here for a paycheck” customer service is something I have never experienced while shopping at “The Hub” and believe me… I’ve done a LOT of shopping here. Just ask Danny… You’ll find him over at the South Hill store. No sir! My experiences have always been just the opposite. I am always greeted quickly, and happily by one or more employee whenever I walk through the front door. Whether I am there to buy, browse, or just shoot the breeze, I always feel welcome. If I have questions, big or small, the guys and gals in the shop jump into action and get those questions answered. If I’m looking to make a purchase, they will throw in their two cents to make sure it is the right product, right fit, and/or right style, but it’s always with a pressure free attitude.
The Downtown Location:1403 W 1st Ave, Spokane, WA 99201
      This brings me to my second reason I love The Bike Hub, (as if I need to keep convincing you). The guys and gals here know bikes; I mean really know bikes. They have been in the industry for years! They have been wrenching, selling, and riding bikes for longer than some of us have been alive. As they guide you down the path of bicycle ownership, believe me when I say, they know the industry forward and backwards, up and down. These folks bleed bikes…

      An important factor to keep in mind when searching for a bike shop is, location, location, location. Lucky for you, The Bike Hub has you covered all over Spokane. With locations Downtown, South, and Valley, you are guaranteed to have a shop nearby. Not only do these shops house knowledgeable staff, but this also means there's plenty of stock on hand. If they don’t have your size, at one store, it’s likely that it’s at one or both of the other two. Nine times out of ten, a quick phone call from one store to another ends up with your new bike, jersey, light or nutrition being transferred over as soon as possible.

The Valley Location:12505 E Sprague Ave #101, Spokane, WA 99216
      With brands like Giant, Trek, Santa Cruz, Ibis and Transition on the sales floor, you are not just going to leave the store with a new bike, you are going to leave the store with a smile, satisfaction, and excitement. I know… I’ve done it 4 times in the last year… I might have a problem.

      So, now you have your new bike; what’s next? Accessories of course! You can’t just leave your bike stock… That would be boring! No, you need bottle cages, grips that fit your hands just right, fenders for muddy days, and spare tubes, (if you’re not running tubeless. Which you should be). And let’s not forget the most important accessories of them all! The ones for you! Helmets, gloves, BIKE HUB JERSEYS, shoes, jackets, shorts, fanny packs, and nutrition! Ok, sure… you don’t NEED all of this stuff (except the helmet), but let’s be honest… You know you want it.
Even Sasquatch goes to The Bike Hub

      Ok! Bike, Check! Clothes, Check! Tires set up tubeless, Check! You’re ready to go shred!!! Except… your saddle is too high, your stem is too long, your bars are rolled at an uncomfortable angle and your suspension is too stiff… What to do, what to do… Fear not! It’s bike fit time. Getting your bike set up to your specific body type and riding style is crucial! You may have purchased a frame in the right size, but now you have to make sure everything else fits around you. Lucky for you, The Bike Hub has trained professionals at the ready to get your bike dialed in perfectly, just for you. Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT skip this step. Now that this is taken care of, go ride! But, be careful, don’t break your bike!

      You broke your bike… I specifically told you not to do that… Are you even reading this article..? But seriously, components wear out, it happens. Eventually you are going to need new chains, cassettes, tires, fork seals, and the likes. Every mechanic that I have dealt with, at all three locations, are top notch. From tire changes to spring tune ups, to complete bike builds, these guys have all your bases covered and at rates that won’t break the bank. I feel very comfortable leaving my bikes in the capable hands of these mechanics, knowing that I will get it back in perfect working order, ready for another day on the road or mountain, and I won’t have to take out a loan to pay for the repairs. Another new and excited feature that has just been added, is mobile repair. It’s like AAA but for your bike. Broke down on the side of the road? Bike Hub to the rescue. I recommend getting a hold of any one of the three shops to get more information on this.

Timmy's 2019 Ibis Ripmo
      “What if I didn’t buy my bike from The Bike Hub?” “What if it’s not one of the brands that they sell?” “What if I bought it online?” “Where do I go to get THAT bike fixed?” I’ve got three words for you. The…Bike…Hub… Yes, you heard me. Even if you didn’t buy your bike from The Hub, they will still work on it. Remember, these people are bike people, and bike people want to see people, ride bikes… However, I highly recommend buying your bike from them… as it comes with a handful of perks in the realm of maintenance and repairs.

      Choosing the right bike for your style of riding is also important. Not only does The Bike Hub have a myriad of brands, they also have a wide selection of bikes for each discipline. Whether you are looking for road, gravel, downhill, cross country, trail, cyclocross, comfort, or electric, they’ve got you covered.

     Don’t forget about the kids; start them young! With a selection of road, mountain and strider bikes for the youngsters, they are sure to fall in love with the sport, in no time.

      Now, lets not kid ourselves… It’s next to impossible to have every size, every style, every color, and every model in stock at all times. Fortunately, with the click of a button the folks at the shop can get a hold of the factory, the reps, the branches, or the parts warehouses, and get you what you need in a timely manner. If you’ve got the patience, they have the resources.

ThomBomb repping the new Ibis DV9
      So, now that we have the shop aspect taken care of…the customer service, the brands, the fit, the accessories, etc… Let’s talk about The Bike Hub and our community. The shop hosts and helps out at a number of bike events in the Spokane area, including, The Two Wheel- 10 Hour race, and the 24 hour race. As well as ride support for a number of organized rides, including ValleyFest, RIM Ride, MS150 and Spokefest. Be sure to give them a wave or a thumbs up when you see them out on the course.

      Alright, I will wrap it up here. If I haven’t kept your attention this long, than I haven’t done a good enough job… If I haven’t convinced you to shop at The Bike Hub by now, than what am I doing here. This article is based on my opinions, my experiences, and my passion for the sport. Not everyone will agree with what I have to say, and that is fine. However, I can honestly say, that I have never had a better, more satisfying experience when it comes to bicycle purchase, maintenance, and service than I have with The Bike Hub; the least you can do is check them out. If you don’t like them, you can blame it on me.

www.thebikehub.com

-Mike Brown

Do you have a favorite hotspot? Are you a business owner? Where Should I go next? Leave a comment or a reaction, share with your friends, hit the subscribe button above, and check out more local reviews at: whatmikeknows.blogspot.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cool Beans Coffee - Support Local, Caffeinate Local

Megan and Jake Turner      Cool Beans Coffee - Support Local, Caffeinate Local      There are a great many things that I take serious in my life. Two of those things are coffee and supporting local. Enter Cool Beans Coffee.      Starting off in 2011 with a quaint little drive thru on Spokane’s South Hill; Megan Turner, [along with husband Jake], and her crew have been slinging cupped lightning for going on eight years. First in the original location, what is now the Maverick gas station parking lot, and then in 2016 moving right across the street. The move came with an exterior facelift, but kept the same warm, inviting, team on the inside. Now in 2018 we have been graced with the gift of a second location in Spokane Valley, on University street. A walk in, sit down, cafe, and drive thru with food, drink, and Fred…  A surprise announcement, from the Turner/Turner power couple, just days ago, however, is leaving this wr...